1. The information we collect
When you use the NYCDISPLAY.com site, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit NYCDISPLAY.com.
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit the NYCDISPLAY.com site. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- Information Collected Using Pixel Tags or Clear GIFs. To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our email marketing efforts, NYCDISPLAY.com may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags or clear GIFs (also called web beacons). The "message format" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails; if so, this information is then associated with your email address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The "message open" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our email message. We can only detect this if your have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
- Information You Actively Submit to NYCDISPLAY.com . For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect "Personal Customer Information" -- your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number and credit card information. You can browse the NYCDISPLAY.com site and take as much time as you want to review our products, services and reviews without having to submit such Personal Customer Information. Even when you use our shopping cart as you browse, there is no need to submit Personal Customer Information.
In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit Personal Customer Information: when you want to (to (i) create an account; (ii) complete an order; (iii) subscribe to our Newsletters or Alerts, (iv) calculate shipping estimates.
- Creating an NYCDISPLAY.com Account. You can create a new pasword-protected NYCDISPLAY.com account to complete an order. To create an account, we require that you provide us with the following Personal Customer Inform ation: your email address (which may not be associated with another active NYCDISPLAY.com account), your first and last names, your phone number, and address. You will also have to create a password.
- Completing an Order. To complete an order, we require you to access your password protected NYCDISPLAY.com account. You will access stored Personal Customer Information or be asked to submit additional Personal Customer Information such as your billing address.
- Newsletter and Alerts. You may sign up for free email. Newsletters and Alerts filled with recommendations and reviews for products. To do so, you will need to supply your email address.
2. How we use and share Personal Customer Information
Occasionally, NYCDISPLAY.com uses Personal Customer Information to market products and services. You can opt-out from us using your information for this purpose at any time by emailing us.
NYCDISPLAY.com shares Personal Customer Information with noone. We do not sell, nor do we rent any information you provide to us.
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors. NYCDISPLAY.com does not collect, nor store credit card and billing information.
- Law Enforcement Investigations. NYCDISPLAY.com may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of NYCDISPLAY.com, our users, or others.
3. Communications from NYCDISPLAY.com
As a NYCDISPLAY.com account holder, you may receive the following communications from NYCDISPLAY.com:
- Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. By creating a NYCDISPLAY.com account, you may receive communications from us relating to: order confirmations; order updates; order problems; and material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
- Communications from NYCDISPLAY.com. As an account holder, we use and share your contact information to communicate special offers, events, new products and services from NYCDISPLAY.com. We communicate via email, postal mail and outbound telephone calls. Any NYCDISPLAY.com account holder can opt-out from the receipt of any such communications or opt-out of certain communication methods by contacting us via email.
- Email Communications. You may sign up for free email Newsletters and Alerts filled with recommendations and reviews for products. To do so, you will need to supply your email address.
4. Underage customers
Our products and services are marketed for purchase by adults or with the consent of adults. This is why NYCDISPLAY.com requires a credit card that has been authorized for use to complete purchases on our site.
5. Linking to third-party web sites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, NYCDISPLAY.com cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
7. Questions or comments